Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CJ

Most of you know C.J., Blair and I's 10 year old foster son, so this story will be even funnier.

So a couple of days ago we decided to tell C.J. that I was pregnant. We were sitting at dinner and Blair said C.J. Michelle and I are going to have a baby. He was shocked of course and kept starring at my tummy. His first questions was, "right now" and Blair said no, not until January. His next statement confused us a bit, he said "You are going to have hundreds of Babies!" To which a QUICKLY responded..."no honey, I'm only having one right now, some people have twins, but I'm probably just having one." But he remained dedicated to his answer, "no you are going to have hundreds!" Finally we got an answer out of him.....he explained in Sex Ed. - 5th grade public school -that he learned that women have hundreds of eggs and that's how the get pregnant. He apparently wasn't listening to the whole lesson in school. It made for a good laugh and a brief explanation of why I'm not having hundreds of kids! He still isn't convinced, but I think he understoof a little better.

Oh, the joys of doing foster care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!! Thank's for 'making me a grandchild!!' Dan and I are sooo happy for you and keep you all in our daily prayers. I'm excited! This blog is very cool, I will pass it on to family and friends up here in the 'sticks!' I will though call you too cuz I have to hear your voices. Please say Hi to CJ. I love you, MamaPoots