Friday, May 14, 2010

Babymoon in Oregon (April)

Oregon was a 5 day trip that covered over 500 miles.
We started in Portland. Walked around town, talked, and just enjoyed being on vacation.

Highlight: Byway Cafe - best breakfast of my life and Tillamook Dairy Factory (on the way to the coast) - seriously there is NO better ice cream in the world!


The Oregon Cost was our next stop. Very different coast line than Ventura. I had NO desire to jump in this water or lay on the damp sand - but it was magnificent to look at. Great for pictures.

Highlight #1: One the hikes we did that led to a suspension bridge so high above a waterfall my toes tingled in fear when I looked over the edge right outside Pacific City.
Highlight #2: Rouge Brewery. Blair loved every minute of taste testing while I enjoyed the BEST rootbeer float of my life.

Next stop - the Alsea Valley. I do not recommend this as a vacation spot unless you get a kick out of towns that seem to be dying before your eyes. I'm pretty sure this house a few others were the only buildings still standing that hadn't been eaten by rot. This is a picture of the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in - not at all what the web photo looked like. Honestly we pulled up and drove away - we thought it looked like a scene out of a scary movie - but we ended upcoming back after diner. Looked much better inside.

Highlight: Watching Blair fly fish and reading a good book

Corvallis here we come. Cutest town. I was ready to pack the u-haul and become a farmer or raise lambs (which is a popular trade apparently). You can tell from this picture that eating "cheap" was helping the baby to get nice and plump. I think I can still hear her asking, "more fries please".

Highlight: This hike (Bald Hill Park) and the brewhouse we ate dinner at.


Silver falls state park - wow this was one of the most AMAZING things I have ever seen! 8 mile hike and 12 waterfalls. The only downfall is there was only 2 bathrooms for this 8 months pregnant mommy. This, by far, was my favorite day of our vacation.

Highlight: This moment. Standing under a raging waterfall with my hubby. Truly amazing!

The last day of the trip was spent going to Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. You'll notice there aren't many pictures......well let's just say I was ready to come home to our little munchkin. Although, I don't think my mom was ready to give up her duties. :o)

3 comments:

The Wolfepack Chronicles said...

Wow, that seems like an awesome trip! Love the pregnant belly!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a fabulous time. So glad you got the chance to do this. Remember all us grammas are waiting and eager to step up for baby sitting next time!!:}<3GrammyPatsy

Karen said...

I just got on here to see you pictures. What a great trip to Oregon. Glad you had a great time. Thanks for the updates. You are so good at keeping us in the loop. Hope you are adjusting well to being the mommy of two beautiful girls. Love you!