
For those who know Avila she is our little ballerina. She doesn't take too many risks and is super cautious when she rides bikes, scooters, or anything else with wheels. Well, sometimes being cautious means going super slow on the scooter......not a good idea. One minute she was moving forward and the other she was tipped over, laying on the ground crying. Apparently the scooter and her body landed on her finger.
After and hour of crying I decided to head to the ER to get an xray.
Avila was thrilled about being at the hospital. The crying and drama stopped the minute we walked through the door. I thought about going home at that point, but I was already there and they didn't look busy. She entertained the nurses with her ballet and stories of her "exciting" life. With every smile I regretted coming to the ER for what looked at this point to be a bruise.
Dr looked at the xray and decided the finger was fine. A bruise. And expensive adventure for Avila.

Well, the doc called back the next morning and said he had missed the break. Could he have been a little distracted with all the performing going on? He asked that I come back to the ER as soon as possible to get it splinted. Avila was beyond thrilled to go back for a second performance!
Apparently it's a bad break. They insisted we see a perdiatric orthopedic before the end of the week. So, we find out tomorrow if Avila gets to have a pretty pink cast.

Nothing a little rest and relaxation can't fix. She is milking the injury as best she can!
Everyone else is doing fine. Emma met her first love.

And Mae is getting bigger by the day

Always an exciting day at the Edwards house!
No comments:
Post a Comment