So I like to think that I'm a pretty relaxed, no stress person, but when the cramping hit the 9 hour mark; non-affected by Tylenol I thought got a little worried.......well I guess I'm starting in the middle and for those of you like Kat who will want to know all the exciting details of the day I should start at the beginning.
Well, I left to go shopping around 9:30 this morning with my mom, grandma, and aunt. The cramping started around 10am and just continued to get worse. I just thought it was because we had walked around Baby's R Us 5 times with my grandma determined to buy anything and everything. I figured it was my bodies way of saying...GET OUT OF HERE.
But nothing seemed to make the cramps go away...food, rest, water. They just stayed the same. By 4pm they had gotten so bad that I called Dr. Green who convinced me to take a Tylenol (I was determined not to take any medicine this whole pregnancy) and wait and hour. No change.
So at 7:30 my mom and I drove to Napa E.R. and prepared for my worst fear......complications with the baby while Blair was in the middle of no where in Alaska with no cell service.
I walked into the E.R., told them I was almost 21 weeks pregnant and was having cramps. You would be amazed how fast I was wheeled in to maternity and hooked up to every monitor made. I think it took all of 5 minutes from the time I walked in until the time I got hooked up to the machines. They checked for contractions, the heart, we had another sonogram (still has girl parts) and I got to experience the dialated/not dialated exam.
End result......baby is growing as is my tummy. Everything is fine and great. The baby had been laying across my belly (hip to hip) and this morning moved to a breech position and caused my belly muscles to stretch quickly; at least this is the Dr.'s best idea. No wonder i woke up thinking my belly grew over night; even my mom made a comment this morning that I "looked" pregnant.
Praise the Lord for this answer to prayer!
1 comment:
That's insane....oh and I did worry the moment I read "ER" on the text, but then when you said things were fine, I relaxed. I am glad you are ok....Maybe you get to wear your rocker jeans now! I can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment