Monday, July 13, 2009

The new Beach Days

I have starting becoming that person that has to think before going to a beach day. No more are the days where a beach day meant a good tan now it means making sure my child and the children around me won't drown, eat sand, get a sunburn, kiss a dying fish (thanks Ava) and figure out how a grown adult can pee in a baby diaper since there is no time to run to the bathroom (actually, that last part is an exaggeration.....it's only been a thought at this point, not an action). And all this thinking and I only have one kid. This to me is considered the fun part, the not so much fun part is the packing. Blair and i honestly decided we needed to keep an SUV for beach days alone. We are those people we made fun of for years!!! We actually hiked a BBQ, ice chest, buckets of baby stuff and 7 children to the beach yesterday. Not to mention umbrellas.....I'm learning to love my white summer skin.

Let's take a moment of silence for the old beach days that are dead and gone now...............ok goodbye.

3 comments:

Elisha said...

LOL! So very true my friend! So very true!

Lindsey said...

I'll have to remember that for when the time comes that we have kids! We have to talk soon about our level 2's and get caught up! Avila is so beautiful! I hope you are enjoying your summer. :)Randy and I have started the foster care classes so we are pretty excited about that. Call me sometime! :)

Devin said...

White summer skin rocks! Thanks for the laughs. Easy beach days will be back sometime...in our 40s.--Amy