So I was thinking last night as I was holding my sick daughter and trying to figure how bad it was to get on a plane and give everyone the swine flu for Christmas and wondering what happened to "Christmas". And just as going to the beach will never be the same Christmas will forever be different. Not bad, just different.
As kids the anticipation of Christmas lasted the entire month of December; thinking constantly of all the things that Santa might bring. Then by college Christmas was a great time to sleep in, get new clothes and visit with family. Then the married years came along and we're trying to figure out who gets to see you and when. The baby years is all new. We have had to think of things like how many diapers to pack and pray she doesn't cry on the hour flight. Never did I think that she might be sick with the little piggy flu and NEVER did I think of the chaos the word "swine flu" brings with it.
So...... this will be our first Christmas at home as a family. We quickly are thinking of the traditions that we want to start with baby #1 and continue with baby #1 and #2 next year. So I guess for Christmas Avila got us a day home as a family, even if it meant her getting sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment